Monday, February 23, 2015

Enter....Wait for it....Hector Delanghe!

There are some things that we want and our customers want that we don't grow.  So we source out other local growers.  Hector Delanghe is the owner of Delhaven Orchards, and he's the guy we get our Peaches, Plums, Cherries, Apples and Pears from. His stuff is the best. I won't get Peaches in from anyone else  - his just taste the best. And, the same goes for his Apples, Pears, Cherries, and Plums. Hector is a hands on kind of a guy, I love the fact that when I call to put my order in  - it's sometimes Hector who picks up the phone! And although I know he is crazy busy over at his farm he still takes the time to talk to me. A few years ago I decided to start selling Apple Cider in our market, since Hector grows apples I thought he might know someone that made cider...."We do Shirley - It's Award Winning Apple Cider!" He was so proud, and he was so right.  We brought in his Apple Cider and it was an instant hit, we sell more every year than the year before;) Hector takes pride in what he does and that shows, and I'm proud to say we sell his stuff, Local supporting Local, gotta love it!
Click on the link below to check out a really nice article on Hector from the Ontario Apple Growers



No comments:

Post a Comment