Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Ladies Day Out!

Today I had the privilege of meeting an awesome group of ladies.  They are so cool they even have a name for their group Ladies Day Out. They affectionately refer to themselves as the LDO! I got the invite last week - Debbie wanted to know if I would be interested to come over and talk to them about our  Market - Style CSA Program . I didn't even have to think about it - YES! I was invited to their Wednesday morning coffee....I told Debbie I would bring treats. I don't like to go anywhere without bring something and, yes, it was another reason to bake Shortbreads! It doesn't have to be Christmas to make Shortbreads or eat them. I had also decided that I would be taking some of our Talbotville Berry Farm Jams and Jellies for a special little surprise for the Ladies. While I waited for them to cool I thought I would multitask, and put the preserves in a bag - so they would be ready to go and I wouldn't forget them. The next thing I knew I opened up the Strawberry Jam and started adding little dollops of sweet goodness to the cookies...




I didn't know how long I was going to be when I left this morning, but when I asked Debbie what time it was and she said 2:53pm I couldn't believe it! The time had flown by with a group of ladies that were funny, honest, crafty, and treated each other like sisters (in a good way). I walked out of the house - after sharing in a group hug - feeling good, feeling like I had met some new friends, and feeling like I couldn't wait to see them again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment